For Hindus, the Jagannath Rath Yatra 2022 is a significant holiday that is commemorated with considerable grandeur. Puri Rath Yatra, Rath Festival, and other names for Jagannath Rath Yatra (Jangganath yarta 2022). Lord Jagannath is honoured on this occasion. Chat with Astrologer Online, It is also an annual event that takes place on the second day of the Ashadh Shukla Paksha. Puri Rath Yatra, the largest religious celebration in Puri, attracts tourists and devotees from all over India and the world. Every year, almost a million pilgrims flock to Puri to see the great chariot celebration.
The celebration recalls Lord Jagannath's annual visit to the famous 'Gundicha Temple,' which is located near Balgandi Chaka in Puri while passing through the 'Mausi Maa Temple.' During the Puri Rath Yatra, the temple's principal deities, Lord Jagannath, Goddess Subhadra, and Lord Balabhadra, are all brought in their respective chariots in a massive parade. Let us inform you that this year's Jagannath Yatra will take place on Friday, July 1, 2022.
Significance of Jagannath Rath Yatra (Jangganath yarta 2022)
Lord Jagannath, one of Lord Vishnu's avatars, is honoured during the Jagannath Rath Yatra event. Jagannath Temple is one of Hinduism's four primary pilgrimage sites, and it holds great religious significance. On the auspicious day of Puri Rath Yatra, devotees who are not permitted to enter the temple premises can see their deities.
'Ghosa Yatra,' 'Dashvatar Yatra,' 'Navadina Yatra,' or 'Gundicha Yatra' are some of the other names for this celebration. Puri's Rath Yatra is one of the most spectacular festivals that draw a large number of visitors. Anyone who takes part in the Puri Rath Yatra with sincerity is said to be set free from the cycle of life and death. Astrology Advice Online, A sighting of Lord Jagannath on his chariot is regarded as extremely lucky. It should be emphasized that these chariots are made from a particular wood each year, according to religious criteria.
Even the deities' idols are constructed of wood and are religiously replaced every twelve years. The Puri Rath Yatra celebration represents unity and equality. It is one of the few events that is devoid of all types of prejudice. Muslims take part in this lovely chariot celebration as well.
Important dates for the 2022 Jagannath Rath Yatra
- The sunrise begins at 5:48 a.m. and the sunset happens at ends at 7:12 p.m. on June 30, 2022.
- The second date begins at 10.49 a.m. on June 30, 2022, and ends at 9.00 p.m. on June 1, 2022.
Jagannath Rath Yatra 2022 rituals
Rath Yatra begins with unique prayers and ceremonies honouring the gods. The three principal deities, Goddess Subhadra, Lord Jagannath, and Lord Balabhadra, are then seated on their chariots. The 'Badadanda' chariots, which are brilliantly painted, are then dragged through the streets of Puri.
- The most significant component of this rite is the chariot pulling. Devotees from all over the country go here with a tremendous desire to draw the Lord's chariot since this is a highly sacred deed.
- The streets of Puri are packed with worshippers who have come to see their God. The procession arrives at the Gundicha temple, which is said to be Lord Jagannath's aunt's residence.
- Pahad chhera On the first day of the Yatra, this is one of the most important ceremonies. The deities in this ceremony regard everyone as equal. The Gajapati King dons a sweeper's outfit and sweeps the area surrounding the deities and chariots with a gold-handed broom and sandalwood water with utmost dedication to executing this ceremony. This rite takes two days to complete.
- The deities are carried to the Gundicha temple for the first time, and then returned to the Jagannath temple for the second time. The three goddesses are ceremonially bathed and clad in Boirani clothing when they arrive at the Gundicha temple.
- Hera Panchami is the fourth day of the festival, which commemorates Goddess Lakshmi's arrival to Lord Jagannath.
The importance of astrology
Lord Jagannath is one of Lord Vishnu's avatars, and the Jagannath Puri Rath Yatra is devoted to him. Jagannath Temple holds great religious importance for Hindus as one of their primary pilgrimages. Talk to Astrologer Online, On the occasion of the Puri Rath Yatra, devotees can have the darshan of the gods. Tourists and pilgrims flock to Puri during the Rath Yatra.
The Puri Car Festival is how international tourists refer to the Rath Yatra. It is thought that by participating in the Rath Yatra with complete dedication, a person will be liberated from the cycle of birth and death. The sheer sight of Lord Jagannath riding his chariot is considered fortunate, and these chariots are created each year using a unique sort of wood that meets religious standards. The idols of the deities are also made of wood, and they are replaced every 12 years. The Jagannath Puri Rath Yatra is a symbol of equality since it rises beyond all forms of discrimination.
According to Hindu scriptures, the queens of Lord Krishna once asked Maa Rohini to reveal Lord Krishna's different Ras Leelas to the gopis. Before telling Lord Krishna's secret narrative, Rohini sent Subhadra to the door and refused to let anybody in. After a while, Krishna and Balarama arrived and stood on Subhadra's right and left sides at the door. They began to listen to Mata Rohini's account of Lord Krishna's boyhood adventures. Narada approached him as he was engrossed in the tales. When Narada saw the three brothers together, he prayed to the gods to bestow heavenly manifestations on them all in the same stance. As a result of Narada's prayer, he witnessed the divine manifestations of the three deities, and all three Jagannath temples are located in Puri.Tags - Jagannath Rath Yatra 2022 Rath Yatra 2022 Rath Yatra Jagannath